Monday, March 31, 2008

Homestay: Michelle Bomboooiiiiiiiii!!

Here is our lovely Michelle with her new family in front of the iconic Rangitoto island on the outskirts of Auckland Harbor!

Staying with the Airey family was great! I had a brother named Daniel, a sister named Sarah, and a temporary Japanese brother Yukinaga! It was great fun and my family took very good care of me. I visited One Tree Hill, Kelly Tarlton’s Aquarium, Mission Bay, as well as spent a good amount of time in Auckland over the week/end. Dinner every night was fabulously cooked by Mrs. Airey, my mom, and I didn’t meet “dad” until Saturday due to him being in Vietnam on business. Overall, my homestay was a great deal of fun, and I plan on visiting the Airey’s in another week or so thanks to Debbie’s gracious offering of opening her home to me and some other CCSP students over mid-semester break. So.. as the Airey family would say “Good on ya, mate!”

--Michelle Bomboy

No comments: